Tuesday, January 20, 2009

You can't always get what you want...

...but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.

I made this blog a long, long, long (did I mention long?) time ago with the idea that I would put here thoughts on WoW, being a guild leader, being in a successful guild, and from time to time, some insight into how I play my characters. It was called "Tales of a Guardian Knight" because MY guild is called Guardian Knights.

There's a running joke with me that some people know. I'm terrible at giving directions in-game. If you need to get somewhere, you really shouldn't put me on auto-follow. I'll kill you. You will perish in a most spectacular fashion. But most importantly, you will be dead nowhere near where you intended to be. I've, seriously, even placed people in wrong instances. If you put a gun to my computer and told me that the life of my little electrical friend was tied to my ability to lead a character into say, Steamvaults... I'd be buying a new computer.

So when someone asks me directions, I say "First, go to Stormwind". Each and every time. So I kind of figure it's as good a title as any and at least it has a bit more meaning than my first title.

Anyway, I'm a somewhat decent paladin. Spec? Any of them, though I figure I'm best at healing. I don't give answers to healing questions, but I'm happy to shoot the breeze and see what works best for you if you need it. I despise the opinion that there's a "right" way to spec a character or that there are "correct" ways of stacking gear. Player ability trumps gear trumps spec any day of the week. But really, I'm just a guy on the internet, why should you give a rip about what MY opinion of YOUR character is? See where I'm going?

That's me in a nutshell. I just started a new server with a Death Knight (thank you Blizzard for the implementation) so I'll probably be writing a few DK posts soon, and some spoofs on "serious" issues like gearing a character, what stats each class should stack, etc.

If you ever find yourself taking anything I say seriously, you should take a breath and re-read it with a more light-hearted tone. I'm just some guy, nobody special, average in every way, and the only real thing any of us share in common is that we play the same online video game. The only thing I ever really want someone to walk away from when partying with me, or dealing with me, is a good laugh, maybe a smile.

I'll see what I can do. But first...

go to Stormwind.

1 comment:

K said...

To Steamvaults:

Go to Outlands.
Go to Zangarmarsh.
Go to the biiiiig lake in Zangarmarsh. (aka Coilfang Reservoir)

There are FOUR instance portals down in the drain. You want the smaller one that's second from the left.

Good thing you have the lifeline called 'Phone your wife.'