Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Roll the end credits...

A while back now the Knights of Utopia had a rift form in them. Raiders vs. non-raiders. Progression vs. Inclusion. The rift was so bad that quite a few of the leaders left, and we stayed behind to pick up the pieces. We had a good leader, a good raid leader, and officers that apparantly knew their job roles.

We cleared Karazhan our first night as the new KoU. We stand at 4/6 in ZA, full clearing Kara, and our first steps into Gruul's/Mag's is tomorrow.

In the process I lost two friends whom I love. I've been flamed in-game and out. Hell, there's even a blog about me up now telling me that I should have left rather than do what I did.

The price for raiding is far too high for someone like me to pay. It isn't worth it. Anyone reading this, anyone in a small guild that's wondering if they should push beyond Karazhan or not. My advice? The loot isn't worth that feeling you have right now, that feeling of community, of fellowship. The friends you have now are worth more than the loot you'll get. PuG the rest.

In the end, when all is said and done, I'd like to be remembered for what I accomplished, where I went, who I helped, who benefited from me being there. At this point it's lesser than it was, but sometimes that's just how it ends.

I've decided that, at least for now until Lich King, the adventures of this Guardian Knight are finished. I'd like to leave with as much dignity as I can muster, so I won't return flames or say hurtful things to those who've done so to me. When the game comes up, soon as I can, Boon'll go as quietly as possible back to his old guild, where he was always going to go when I retired. I'll put on my old tabard, smile at it because I've always been partial to it, and then I'm going to log off and leave all of this where it belongs.

Take care, fellow WoW'ers. I hope you have great adventures.

No comments: